WORKING HAND-IN-HAND TO SERVE YOU
This office is the communication line between church and membership. MAT is in place to add a “special touch” to the services and to our members that we provide. Galatians 5:13, “For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.”
The Shelby System is the method by which we record membership information. Using this information we remember special occasions in the members life. MAT works with the VKMI Administration Staff and several different ministries to insure the satisfaction of our members.
The Membership Administration Team
Shirley Williams, Dorothy Jones, James Latimore
Shirley Williams : Email Address: email@example.com Voice Mail (708) 331-3511 Ext. 185
We are available to receive your notices of:
- Healing & Mending
- Prayer Requests
- Baby Births
We want to acknowledge the milestones in your lives through:
- VKMI Anniversary dates
- Wedding Anniversaries
- Birth Announcements
- Graduations and other special days
History Room (Opened November 4, 2001)
MAT acts as church historians for Valley Kingdom Ministries International. History through pictures is still our number one avenue to capture and retain history. The History Room is located at Valley West, 5217 West 149th Street, Oak Forest, IL in the Administration Building.
We are available to handle your requests for:
- Wedding dates
- Baby Blessings
- School References
- Personal References
- Address and name changes
Please help VKMI to cut down on our postage bills by updating your address information. If you have not been receiving mail from us, ask yourself, “ is my address correct?” “Am I registered in Shelby Database?”
Provides support to our Senior Pastor by offering services to the membership of Valley Kingdom Ministries International. The PCC ministers to the sick, shut-in, suffering and bereaved. The PCC is a Membership Advocate working with other ministries through referrals for substance abuse, homelessness, incarceration, AIDS, etc. The PCC will work very closely with Family Cell and Ministerial Staff through follow-up. Where applicable PCC will make referrals to outside agencies to provide a variety of care and services to those in need.
NEW MEMBERS MINISTRY
- What is the interaction of MAT and the New Members Ministry? New Member’s Ministry receives the members, aid in the completion of registration sheets, and handles Sunday orientation, baptism set up and NM graduation worship. MAT handles the administration part of NM: NM packets, membership certificates, baptism certificates, invitations for graduation and graduation certificates.
- What is the next step? New Member’s info is recorded in Shelby System, NM packet is mailed (this packet contains NM’s class dates and location), baptism class and schedule is confirmed with NM. Attendance sheets are retained by NM and MAT sends out “We Miss You” cards to absentees.
- How do they receive bereavement info? They receive bereavement notification from M.A.T., Admin Staff, membership, and ministers.
- What is the next step? They call and pray with bereaved family, followed up by a home visit.
- Who reserves the church and finds workers for the home going? MAT reserves the church and notifies workers (Admin. Staff, Sound,ushers, trustees).
- What is their responsibility at the home going? They are on hand to comfort the family, represent the Valley and where applicable read Valley resolution.
- Who handles the repast? The Comfort Ministry handles all repasts at the Valley. If the home going of a member is at another facility they represent the Valley by donating food and serving.
HEALING & MENDING MINISTRY
- How do they receive info?
- They receive H&M info from M.A.T., Admin Staff, membership, and ministers.
- What is the next step? They call and pray with member, followed up by a hospital or home visit.
- How does MAT and Pastoral Care tag team with H & M? MAT notifies family cell, sends flowers and greeting card. Pastoral Care calls and prays with member followed up with hospital or home visit.
NET MENDING MINISTRY
- What is the interaction of MAT and the Net Mending Ministry?
- Net Mending receives a list of new members on a monthly basis. They use this list to contact member to welcome them and to be a sounding board for questions.
- What is the next step? They record info received from member and return to MAT. Pastoral Care reads info and becomes involved where applicable: need prayer, need help from Family Cell, need transportation ministry, disillusionment, etc. Follow up is dictated by the need.
With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. Ephesians 6:7-8 KJV