Position Title: Account Payable Specialist
Status: Full Time 36 hours per week – Exempt
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Valley Kingdom Ministries International is currently seeking a highly skilled and detailed-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
This position involves processing accounts payable invoices in a timely and accurate manner; Reviewing and verifying invoices and check request; Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies; Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments on a timely basis; Assist with month-end closing and financial reporting; Maintain excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff, customers (members), and vendors. Must demonstrate the capacity to enforce processes without damaging relationships- very strong emotional intelligence and relationship building skills.
The ideal candidate for this position has knowledge and experience in automated church systems and accounts payable. Ability to post and prepare daily, weekly monthly reports.
Reconcile billables and nonbillable charges to project.
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Proficient in using accounting software and MS Office, particularly Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Pastor Rocheroyl Lowery, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Accounts Payable Specialist”. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 2, 2024 5:00pm.
We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.